All patients are assigned a registered nurse case manager, who coordinates with all other disciplines and the physician in the development of the specific patient’s plan of care.
Nurses provide comprehensive care for pediatrics to geriatrics in a variety of areas:
- pain and symptom management
- medication instruction and management
- surgical aftercare
- infusion therapy
- wound and ostomy care
- incontinence management and catheter care
- anti-coagulation therapy
- disease management and self care of chronic conditions which may include
- cardiovascular (heart failure)
- respiratory ( COPD and emphysema)
- renal failure
- neurologic disorders (MS and Parkinson’s disease)
- A Pediatric Nurse Practitioner provides specialty home care for newborns and young children.